Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Interactive cards - Hero Arts challenge for this week.





I don't usually make this kind of card, probably a bit too lazy!
But, as it was this week's challenge I made an effort. All the stamps are Hero Arts and I used primarily 'Aged Mahogany' distress ink, light and heavy sponging. The first photo shows the tag inside the pocket and on the second I have taken the tag out. The 'lace' is a stamp which is embossed and cut out on vellum.




This card was a total card-lift from the Hero Arts gallery. I did not have a clue what to do with these cherry blossom stamps until I saw something that looks a bit like this. I did choose completely different colours and gave it a different look, but I was happy to get some inspiration!



Another photo of my garden.
Getting alot of exercise in the swimming pool which is 30°C (86°F) at the moment!

11 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I also enjoy, as always, your photos of the lavender and various flowers around your home. Maybe I'll get back to blogging in a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tag that pulls out is a great idea for an interactive card!! Glad to know the color distress ink you use -- I've always like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hele leuke kaarten! Ik vind de vlindertjes zo schattig. Je tuin ziet er ook prachtig uit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Jacqueline, SPECTACULAR lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo.
    Love the colourful cards. Great use of the stamps & I love the interactive bit always adds to a design when there is more to see.
    I like using pockets a lot in my minibooks so people can pull out decorated tags to make it more tactile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leuke kaartjes, en wat een prachtige tuin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are so lovely! Like eye candy! :)

    Oh and your garden photos are beautiful. I love seeing your photos of your home and gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cards and your garden is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, can I come swim too???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tag card....just beautiful! Beautiful gardens too! We have a small pool....but we've not been in much....it's still getting down into the 50*s at night.....BRRR!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!