Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer... continues

It's 33°C here today and DH is treating us to Pizzas which we are going to eat outside under a huge shady tree at a picnique table - sound good? You know the best shade ever are the leafs of a tree!



I have just discovered that to dry 'la lavende' one has to pick it with the stems in bunches and hang them upside down in a cool, dark, airy room for at least three weeks.... no way - I don't have patience for that! So yesterday in my rebellion to the French laws of perfectionism I filled up a bag with lavender that was almost dry in my opinion,stamped a lavender basket image on a piece of linen, cut it out, stitched it to the bag and it's ready for use!
In the long run I will string up a couple of bunches to dry 'a la France' but for the time being it has worked for me for years this way!



A lovely surprise arrived today in the form of an honourable mention on the Hero Arts blog for a card I made with the theme 'Summer'. I tried to get the effect of a sunset as we see them here. I was very hesitant at first whether to put it in the gallery, so glad I did because it's worth a Christmas stamp and a winter catalogue - so happy!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!

    ps. No package yet.... I'll call my post office to see if they have been holding it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the honorable mention - your card deserved it!

    We used to hang our lavender upside and we used paper bags underneath to catch anything that came loose. No bits on the carpet that way. Looked funny, but it was effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your HM. I thought the card WAS a Christmas card at first -- a French version, no snow. It could certainly pass for one. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jaqeline,

    I really like your style, you deserve to win. I'm a beginning stamper and have been looking at a lot of blogs recently. ( ben jij per toeval een Nederlandse of Belgische? ) Have fun and keep doing what you are doing, you are great at it.

    Tinne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your card on the Hero site; many congrats! You are being such a rebel with the lavender, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha...you are such a rebel, Jacqueline. Going against the French laws of lavender drying. Hee hee hee. I love the bag. I bet is smells WONDERFUL!

    Congratulations on the honorable mention. Your card is wonderful and yes the background would be perfect for Christmas. Did you use a brayer or was it sponged? Either way, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Your cards are always so lovely, well deserved honorable mention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your beautiful card. Yep that is the way you dry lavendar but I can understand your impatience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win! FUN!!

    Your lavender looks so pretty....thanks for sharing the process!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! It is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win !! your card is WONDERFUL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely loved that card Jacqueline...congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You so deserve honourable mention with this card - the distressing I LOVE!

    Thanks also for sharing the daily devotional (another entry) - lots of advice I need to take on board!

    Ros x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi

    I stumbled across your blog today, and just wanted to say what beautiful work and photography you have on here.... I had a lovely visit, thanks for sharing :-)

    jk x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!