Sunday, May 23, 2010

Continuing with the glue book

This is a great way to use up paper scraps and images - I find it so relaxing and a great way to create.





Two new pages I did today (24/03), grouping them together.




On these first two pages I have not used distress inks as that is the initial idea of a glue book just to use paper.




On these second two pages I have used distress inks, but I'm going to get used to using it very lightly, as I think it is too dark here.

If you are interested in seeing more there is a Flickr gallery here.



I had a question from Dallas over the antique Bible I found. My photographic memory wasn't as good as I thought, as the date is 1793. I had left it at work at the time of writing so couldn't reference it. From time to time people give up boxes with old books in them, usually from Christian authors, or just Bibles and as I was tidying up my eye caught the date of the Bible as the 5th of August is our son's birthday and we have praying for him since he was born to walk in his God-given destiny - a prayer which we are still persevering in! It just struck a cord with me!

Have a nice Sunday.

15 comments:

  1. Jacqueline, you are a natural! These pages are so beautifully done. Pretty soon, your scrap basket will be empty. It's a great way to get rid of all of those little pieces, isn't it?
    I think you're ready for a 2-page spread. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Wow, these pages are amazing, Jacqueline! This is the perfect project for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Jacqueline, you're a natural at this. They are beautiful. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, so beautiful. You are so creative and clever. Is the anything you can´t do? I always looking forward to visit you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful composition with these collages Jacqueline, love the softness of the colors and the bit of distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful gluebook collage pages,Jacqueline! Your work is always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pages of lovely layers of images and papers. What a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fine project Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty pages, Jacqueline! thanks for sharing your beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful project! Your pages are so Beautiful.. It would be really hard not to distress the pages. It alway gives it that extra little something.

    Have a wonderful day,

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so impressed with these lovely pages, each one a little masterpiece from your heart! I recognize some of those wonderful papers too. Thanks for including the link, I will be trying this also.
    bless you,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to be a really special book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each one of these is a little treasure, straight from your heart!

    Thanks for the info regarding the antique Bible you found ... 1793 is just mind-boggling and I can well understand your persevering in your prayer for your son ... what treasures you must discover amongst these old boxes that you're given :o)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pages!!!! You are amazing! Seriously, each page is like a little treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!