Monday, January 24, 2011

A little collage

I tried to sell this birdcage stamp on Ebay (France) without success. I tried looking at it in a different way, to see if there was a creative way to use it and all of a sudden I saw a picture in it.

 
I already had this stamped birdcage and the little image sitting in my scrap bin (as Suzz calls it, that must be the American word for basket) so I put them together and created a little collage card. The flower, sentiment and shells were also in the scrap bin and just seemed to fit. I have Suzz to thank for the websters page too..on which I printed an Eau de Cologne perfume bottle label from The Graphic's Fairy, which can be found here.


 Another little card with the same label. Just added a butterfly.. but no gems... that gets taking used too!

13 comments:

  1. How clever of you to see the birdcage as a lovely frame for the sweet image. All of your additional details are simply perfect on this beautiful composition...thanks for sharing, Jacqueline!
    bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Isn't it great to see new possibilities in old things? Your creativity knows no bounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet this is (-:
    Thanks for the link, it's a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bin - I wonder where in America Suzz is from! In my neck of the woods, it is a lidded container, as in a flour bin, but definitely not a basket. I always thought it was an English word because I would frequently come across references to the dustbin, which I think is a garbage can! Isn't language a wonderful thing!! By the way, love the birdcage collage with all the pieces from your scrap basket!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! I am surprised you wanted to sell that birdcage...it seems just your cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jacqueline, I am amazed at what you come up with for your collage creations, but this one is superb! What a beautiful grouping of images! So very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you never cease to amaze me Jacqueline. This is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very cute! I really like your idea of adding a photo inside the birdhouse. makes for an unique focal image. Love that Webster's Pages paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work!!!
    You must be glad you didn't sell it

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both really beautiful. Theresa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, Jacqueline and thank you for the link of that label!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe it didnt sell, I bet you would have a ton of takers after seeing it done this way! Gorgeous work! and yes we call it a scrap bin over here. or in my case a pile! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely and inspired use of the birdcage! She looks so sweet peeking out! I didnt' realize I called it a bin. LOL! Yours seems to be magical as all the scraps come out into beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!