Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Wonder of Watercolor challenge - Moxie Fab

Who doesn't want to play with watercolor? And then to be challenged again by Kath to come up with something.. well, can't let that pass me by!  If you want to join in, here is the link. Actually, playing with inks and water is becoming one of my favorite techniques in card-making - so much fun and I love the results. Sometimes you can have an instant card with a couple of stamps and water color.



So this card was born from a mistake - well the two projects I made didn't turn out how I wanted, so two mistakes make this right as I just put the circle and butterfly punch into my watercolored projects! I painted the panel bundled sage before attaching my circles and butterflies to the card. Of course everybody knows what 'papillons' means, right?

Thank you, Cath, love your challenges!

Jacqueline

20 comments:

  1. Stunning card Jacqueline! I love how you made a gorgeous card out of a project that didn't work the way you wanted. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jacqueline! Just perfect for TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love when a mistake turns into a beautiful creation and yours is simply lovely Jacqueline! Playing with water and inks is a technique I can't get enough of too, the possibilities are endless:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning water color effect, Jacqueline! Love this gorgeous card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful! Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only are your butterflies extremely delicate Jacqueline, so is your pretty card, love the great colours!
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful - those butterflies on their separate backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous; I love the way the butterflies go in and out with the background circles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seredipity! I just love it when that happens! I love the subtleness of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous Jacqueline. Your watercolouring is so soft and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wauw, what a lovely card! Love the colors. Like the butterflies with the pink accents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is af gorgeous card. The watercolor effect looks so beautiful and it is such a fun project using mistakes. It challenges the creativity.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacqueline, I have to say that with this Art Journaling course I am doing I am loving paint of any kind! I really love your design and gorgeous colour choices for this beautiful card! Sending you lots of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those butterflies and watercolored circles are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colors are so pleasing, especially combined with the cheerful papillons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the beautiful colours and layout....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Jacqueline! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!