Sunday, September 15, 2013

Our Beautiful World - YELLOW

Happy Sunday! I have had such a busy week, which took away any inspiration I might have had to make cards. I hope my inspiration comes back. I will still be posting cards, but its a busy time of the year at the moment!

We have acquired three chickens, which means three fresh eggs every day. OK it brings work with it, but I love being outdoors and I don't mind a bit of cleaning. I can recycle the droppings on the garden and even the ashes from our wood fire work as a disinfectant should the case arise. Wednesday I celebrated my birthday and this weekend Michaël (my son) and Roxane celebrated their engagement, so I was busy baking. I made some chocolate cupcakes with a Blackcurrant paste and almond wedges over the top.


I am entering these into Our Beautiful World, the theme being 'Yellow' this week. The link is here.


My Zucchini and Tomato tart.. I used to think that Zucchini's were only green, but they are the most beautiful color yellow as well!


A tree that grows in the Southern warmer countries (thus France)  is called MIMOSA. It has very delicate flowers which have the most heavenly scent!


 My beautiful Hybiscus.


And last but not least, a beautiful Sunflower field. The season has just finished here and now is the time for making Sunflower oil.
These were the 'yellows' from my country, the South of France.



Have a lovely day! We are having lovely yellow sunshine today too!!
Jacqueline





21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Jacqueline! Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of your country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wundervolle Bilder...
    Und nachträglich zum Geburtstag noch alles Gute und vor allem Gesundheit.

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miles and miles of beautiful sunflowers, wow! love the mimosa branches but even more to be able to smell them. Your tart looks so delish, and yes yellow zucchini is sooo good, paired with those scrumptious tomatoes wow!
    the hybiscus is gorgeous, it's about the only thing we have in abundance here in the island!
    Thanks very much for sharing the South of France this week with us at OBW, always a joy to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated happy birthday for Wednesday. May the year ahead be filled with many blessings.
    Is Mimosa the same as wattle in Australia? It looks very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my.. All those sunflowers are so pretty..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday Jacqueline! You sound busy, busy! Love the look of that tart, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the look of a sunflower field! Happy Belated Birthday, and Congrats to your son and fiancé you all have had a lot of reason to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow, I can't believe how much yellow beauties you are sharing with us this week, the yummy one, the sweet mimosa, the gorgeous hibiscus, just WONDERFUL, thanks for sharing them with us this week at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous big flower - hibiscus is my favourite flower.. this is a beauty! All your 'yellow' photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so so gorgeous... thanks for participating with us today.. gorgeous photos!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your pictures of nature's beauty Jacqueline. Such lovely inspiration for the color yellow, just gorgeous!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chickens! How wonderful!! I'd love that! Your photos are wonderful!! I love them and especially your field of sunflowers ... Thanks so much for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous hibiscus ... I have one the same colour and nearly took a photo of that too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. O my goodness -- the mimosa and the sunflowers are amazing. Beautiful shots.

    Visiting from OBW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful yellows but now i'm hungry~!! ;-)

    happy birthday to you.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have hit a lot of my buttons!! Yummy...and flowers! Just beautiful...I love Hibiscus but haven't been able to grow them because the deer seem to also love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Yellow-and Sunflowers too,Ah,I am happy now! Beautiful photos-that Mimosa is fabulous!
    Have a lovely day,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The best about visiting everyone's bolg has to be, seeing all the beauty from all over the world!. And I LOVE LOVE the nature from France. Gorgeous sunflower field, though I never knew hibiscus grow there!. WOW. I wonder, if we can make tea out of mimosa :). And I love zucchini, they make great fritters :). Thank you for sharing your story with us @ Our Beautiful World!. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jacqueline what a wonderful post, here is everything from delicat food to many very beautiful flowers.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your yellow photos are all so lovely. That is such a beautiful hibiscus.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful hibiscus. My favorite flower..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!